Sunday, March 8, 2009

Memories

One thing I love to do is sit down and think about memories. Whether that be memories with the kids, with the hubby or with my family. I think that our memories are the best medicine for anything that may be bugging you, haunting you or just making you feel like you belong.

Memories have been known to make you laugh out loud in a crowded room, cry out of the blue or make you wonder where you belong in life. They are so strong, they can make or break your whole day.

Memories.... I love to sit down and think about times when the girls were little. Then I look at them know and see them laugh and run and think that they are creating their own memories, ones that I know they will cherish forever. Memories that they already talk about, from going to the Y or the elephant. I look at their smiling faces and know that they cherish them already.

Memories of mine that I cherish most are those with my dad, sitting on his lap while he read books to me, rubbing his "soft" shoulders on hot summer days, sitting on the floor reading the paper while he sat in "his" chair just 5 days before he passed away. That memory haunts me most, several times (including this time) I wish instead of reading the paper I had asked him all the questions that I had not in the past. Wishing he was still here so I could relive that moment. Taking back all the times that I did not talk with him when I called to talk with Mom. I know that he loved me and there are plenty great memories that I focus on when I want to cry.

Other memories that I love to think about are those that I have with the hubby. We have been together for over a decade and everyday is a new adventure. From walks on the beach on our honeymoon to the first moment when we found out we were having a baby. We have had our ups and our downs, we have beat video games together and built a home, but the most cherished are the ones that come every day. We have seen each other cry and laugh, be so made that our faces turn red, to being so happy that we have done the happy dance (which just happened when we paid off the car).

I love memories even if they make me cry, because it was has made me who I am and who I will be in the future. They are what will make the girls laugh and cry, they are what will keep me young when I am old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

YEAH!! You are leaving me a comment!