Thursday, February 26, 2009

My heart just broke...

Since I have been little I have had hard times with being the odd man out. So today when my little girl came home from school crying I had a pretty good idea what had happened on the bus. Yep the day that I dreaded was upon me.... she was told that her "best friend" did not want to be friends with her anymore. I know exactly what she was going through and it brought me back about 30 years to when I was in grade school, and when I was told to "move over" so my new friend can sit by me or stop standing there we are not friends anymore.

I could see the pain in every one of her tears and through her hiccuped words. I just held her tight and tried to make her understand that she was a great person, but you know as well as I do that those words do not help much.

Through the hiccups and sobs she told me that A.S. told her that she did not want to be friends with her anymore and that she should move over so B. was going to sit next to her. She also sobbed out that she was not going to get necklaces with her friends. I am assuming that she meant the little metal ones that say best on one side and friends on the other.

Let me tell you that this is one of things that I have dreaded most. With 2 girls I knew that it would happen sooner than later but either way nothing can prepare you for that date when they come to you crying. The other times will not be any easier but this was the first time that I knew exactly what she was going through

Nic is such a sweet and loving person, she takes everything to heart. She lives to be liked, by that I mean that she truly wears her heart on her sleeve.

I wanted to be "that" mom, who called the girls mom's and asked them what was wrong with them and why they could not teach their daughters not to BI's but then again what good would that do for her? What would they say to her in the am? They ride her bus and they could easily make her little life hard. Issues!

Why are girls so mean? I should not say all girls but why is it necessary for some of them to be rude and nasty? Oh well what can we do?

I guess I just need to take a step back and know that these issues are what are going to make her a better and stronger person in the long run. Either way she will be a wonderful person, no matter who is her friend.

I know that the person Bob and I have been raising her to be is a strong and loving person, no matter who her friends are.

Lessons learned will only make her stronger.

Thankfully her kid sis was there to make her laugh and distract her, now she is running around the house and having fun. I am sure tomorrow will hold more drama but that will be another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YEAH!! You are leaving me a comment!